Published on Friday,
The Mercer’s 2012 Quality of Living Index shows that Bangalore is one of the best Indian cities to reside in, in terms of the overall quality of living. It outdid other top-tier cities like Mumbai, Delhi, and Kolkata.
Known for its charm, comfort, and luxury of living, Bangalore is definitely one of the best places to live in India. Some of the reasons why Bangalore is one of the best cities in India are:
1. Weather: The city of Bangalore is endowed with an extremely pleasant climate and weather. You don’t shiver during the winter months, and you don’t sweat buckets in the months of summer. While the winters are slightly cooler than the summers, Bangalore enjoys a perfectly moderate climate most of the year. People fall in love with the weather of Bangalore.
2. Cost of living: The cost of living in Bangalore is very reasonable, especially compared to other metropolitan cities like Mumbai and Delhi. The residential areas are relatively cheaper, and cater to different budgets. Bangalore is a great city if you plan to invest in real estate because of its stable market. Some places, like the residential plots in Nelamangala, are very affordable. So, don’t miss out on an opportunity to make a great investment choice and buy plots in Bangalore.
3. Career opportunities: The IT hub of India, Bangalore is home to a large number of multinational corporations. It is also home to an impressive number of startups. For a lot of multi-nationals, Bangalore is the first choice while deciding on a place to set up in India.
4. Safety and security: While it may not be the safest city in India, Bangalore is still one of the more safe and secure cities in India. Despite the hectic traffic, Bangalore is a city with very few road accidents. The public transport is also very reliable, with some of the transport having women drivers as well.
5. Education: Bangalore has a lot of reputed educational institutes like IISc, IIM, etc. There are world-class institutions which offer primary education to higher education. For example, Bishop Cotton’s Girls School, Christ University, and so on.
6. Greenery: Bangalore is known as the ‘City of Gardens’. With a well-maintained park at every corner, Bangalore lives up to the name. One of the most famous parks in the city is Cubbon Park.
2017’s annual City Momentum Index (CMI) by the real estate firm Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) ranked Bangalore as the world’s most dynamic city. This list was the Top 10 cities - driven by Technology and Innovation. Bangalore is not only a good place to visit, but is also a great place to settle down.
If not the city itself, the weather will definitely make you fall in love with Bangalore!